Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Catholic college contrarians

http://www.examiner.com/x-34248-Milwaukee-Catholic-Examiner~y2010m6d22-Catholic-college-contrarians?cid=exrss-Milwaukee-Catholic-Examiner

by Amy Pawlak

I knew, when I graduated from Alverno College in 2004, that it - like most institutions of higher learning - skewed to the left in politics and social agendas. Since I was pretty liberal myself for most of my college years, this didn't bother me then as much as it does now.

So I was saddened - but not surprised - to see that the College's website links to many groups that promote behaviors that are contrary to Catholic teaching, including groups that promote abortion and homosexual behavior. This story sums up the problems, which are not exclusive to Alverno.

No comments:

Post a Comment